If you like my blog and would like to donate a dollar. :-)

Mi vida es un bolsillo lleno de arco iris.
My life is a pocketful of rainbows.

So, here I am...
***This blog was Established 2005***
And I am slowly reestablishing it.

I love English Lit! I have a fascination with puns, satire and tropes. I relish sharing the latest logic puzzle I've found. I advocate for education reform. I read Spanish much more fluently than I speak it. I know a lot of German. I dabble in SEVERAL languages .... including writing, history and knowledge of cultures. I am very interested in urban farming and self-sufficiency. Huge Douglas Adams, Roger Zelazny and Piers Anthony fan. I like reading Stephen King/Richard Bachman. I could spend hours with Terry Brooks and Shannara. T.S. Garp and I would get along famously. Avid Armchair Traveler ... especially Italy and Mongolia. Miicroadventures rock! I homeroast green coffee beans ... my fave are those from Chiapas, Mexico. I try new teas and those from Scotland make me smile. Friends and family are AWESOME!

I hope that something made you smile today!.
Non-spammers can contact me: coffeehobby AT yahoo.com

Saturday, November 13, 2021

The Shrink Next Door



The first three episodes are up on Apple TV+ and I think new episodes go up on Fridays. According to the blurbs, Paul Rudd plays "Dr. Ike," a psychiatrist who takes over his patient's life. Will Ferell is an almost-40-year-old patient who it seems has ongoing anxiety and self-esteem issues. The series is based on real events.

First episode ... The Consultation.
It seems as if this might be the story of assertiveness training by a con artist? Hmmm. There is a part at the beginning which I am guessing is a flash to the future. The end is weird ... current day anger issues, sleepwalking, foretelling??

Second episode ... The Ceremony.
Milking money ... yep, this is a theme.
"Run to the light, Carol Anne." That's a line from Poltergeist.

vocab:
bema(bee-muh): the podium or platform in a synagogue from which the Torah and Prophets are read
aliyah[əˈlēə]: the honor of being called upon to read from the Torah.

Things you might find at a Korean Buffet:
-----Japchae/Chapchae (잡채) ... Korean Glass Noodle Stir-fry
-----"Kimchi breath"

Nice track choice. Like by me because he sounds a bit like Freddie Mercury here! The sensitive Billy Joel of the curls and cigarettes.

Third episode ... The Treatment
"Marty invites Dr. Ike to help out with the family business. Phyllis senses she is losing her brother and decides to take matters into her own hands."

No comments: