If you like my blog and would like to donate a dollar. :-)

Mi vida es un bolsillo lleno de arco iris.
My life is a pocketful of rainbows.

So, here I am...
***This blog was Established 2005***
And I am slowly reestablishing it.

I love English Lit! I have a fascination with puns, satire and tropes. I relish sharing the latest logic puzzle I've found. I advocate for education reform. I read Spanish much more fluently than I speak it. I know a lot of German. I dabble in SEVERAL languages .... including writing, history and knowledge of cultures. I am very interested in urban farming and self-sufficiency. Huge Douglas Adams, Roger Zelazny and Piers Anthony fan. I like reading Stephen King/Richard Bachman. I could spend hours with Terry Brooks and Shannara. T.S. Garp and I would get along famously. Avid Armchair Traveler ... especially Italy and Mongolia. Miicroadventures rock! I homeroast green coffee beans ... my fave are those from Chiapas, Mexico. I try new teas and those from Scotland make me smile. Friends and family are AWESOME!

I hope that something made you smile today!.
Non-spammers can contact me: coffeehobby AT yahoo.com

Sunday, October 31, 2021

I crave potato salad!


Me: You won't get mad at me if I eat all the potato salad?
Husband: No.
Me: Everyone has their weaknesses...you like vodka, I like potato salad.
Husband: It's kind of the same thing, Dear.
Husband: I'm a meat and potatoes man.


πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚


-----Pesto Potato Salad with Roasted Red Peppers
-----Chipotle Red Pepper Potato Salad
-----Fingerling Potato Salad with Roasted Red Peppers
-----Garlicky Roasted Potato and Bell Pepper Salad

I have a growing potato salad board over on Pinterest.



Here we have a potato salad and traditional meat loaf Husband and I made during a The Joy of Cooking cook-through project. This dish was about a decade ago, so I'd have to pull my current copy of the book ... but that potato salad look like it has dill pickles and bacon.




Here is Red Potato Salad with Whole-Grain Mustard Dressing (2017). We had tons of red onions in this. If I pick up storebought potato salad for a side or spontaneous picnic, red skin is always my first choice(often sold out).



-----Hot Potato Salad. I made this one Summer 2020.
Taste of Home. I love it for comfort foods. :-)
The ingredients add plenty of flavor. The instructions about making sure to stir often and boil a minute are spot on ... it tried to stick right away when the boil started. I used raw apple cider vinegar with "the mother" and think that was an excellent choice for this recipe. Some who tried it felt it could use more salt. I did not have bacon but used mild Spanish paprika ... so there's that. I often use a smoked paprika for bacon taste but couldn't find it among moved spices. I will be repeating and experimenting with this side. I think pepper bacon that might work excellent for this!!!
-----Creamy Dijon-Dill Potato Salad. We had this in 2013 but were out of onions at the time ... the recipe includes red onions. Pretty good. Vegetarian.

No comments: